“If help and salvation are to come, they can only come from the children, for the children are the makers of men.”
– Dr. Maria Montessori
Heritage Montessori constructs every school with health and safety in mind. The safety of your child is our most important responsibility and we don’t take it lightly. Below is a brief summary of our various safety aspects.
- The building has a door code to get in. When you register, please have a four digit code that you can remember to key-in to the door entry electronic key pad.
- After entering the building, parents use a digital fingerprint reader to drop off and pick up their child. In lieu of the finger print reader, you can also use your four digit code to log your child in and out.
- During pickup and drop off if you are uncertain which class room your child is in, make sure to talk to a front desk administrator. Some classrooms indicate where the children are currently.
- Our classrooms and building are monitored by video cameras and video is recorded during the day. Parents are welcome to view the video on the front TV. We do not make the video available to any parent but do make it available for police in the event of a safety violation.
- In select schools we are making on-line video viewing available so check with your school for this. This service is provided for a fee if it’s available.
All of our staff undergo background, criminal history, and FBI check before starting work at Heritage Montessori. All of our teachers are trained in CPR, and basic first aid. In case of any emergency our teachers are the first people to respond and are trained to handle any circumstance that may arise.
Our administrative staff has all the children’s records including emergency contact information. Please make sure the phone numbers and email addresses are current and let them know when this information changes.
With each new semester our students are required to take part in safety training and on occasion practice emergency situations. Fire, earthquake, and lock down drills are also repeated throughout the school year.